Today, the market offers a wide range of formulated dog treats with CBD oil. Whether you are looking for CBD oil for appetite stimulation, pain, and inflammation, anxiety, or anti-inflammatory properties, here are the top 5 brands taking the dogs’ wellness world by storm. Looking for some options to help your dog with anxiety? Read on to learn more about CBD for dog anxiety and some of the best products to consider. CBD canine calming chews veterinarian-reviewed to reduce stress and support mood stability. THC-free with a tasty soft-chew texture. Free shipping $50+.
CBD oil has become a popular natural remedy used to ease certain conditions, including chronic pain, anxiety, and other ailments in humans. Interestingly, CDB can also help your dogs since they have the endocannabinoid system, just like humans.
Today, the market offers a wide range of formulated dog treats with CBD oil. Whether you are looking for CBD oil for appetite stimulation, pain, and inflammation, anxiety, or anti-inflammatory properties, here are the top 5 brands taking the dogs’ wellness world by storm.
Best CBD Dog Treats
: Best overall pick – Best non-genetically modified hemp oil – Best dog treats with human-grade CBD oil – Best organic CBD oil treats – Best for anxious pets – Best CBD oil treats range
Honest Paws has a line of CBD dog treats made with organic, full-spectrum hemp oil with naturally occurring CBD. Their treats offer something for everyone depending on if your dog needs help with calmness, aches, and pains, or just overall wellness.
Besides catering to various needs, Honest Paws treats also come in many different sizes, flavors, and textures. CBD dog treats are the preferred way many owners choose to use for their dogs as administering is much easier than using droppers.
Honest Paws Calm Bites and Soft Chews
Honest Paws Calm Bites are one of the most popular products in the treat collection. These treats are great for dogs that suffer from separation anxiety or overall nervousness.
These treats are made with organic, full-spectrum hemp oil with naturally occurring CBD. Their treats offer something for everyone depending on if your dog needs help with calmness, aches, and pains, or just overall wellness.
- Organic Full Spectrum Hemp Oil
- Organic Barley
- Organic Oats
- Organic Peanut Butter
Honest Paws Mobility Chews:
Designed for maximum joint support this line not only includes CBD but also Glucosamine HCI, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid, and Boswellia Serrata Powder. This powerful combination will do wonders for aging joints, arthritis, and overall joint health.
Try Honest Paws Bites and Soft Chews and rest assured knowing that they offer safe and secure shipping, free shipping on orders over $48, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Holistapet creates natural remedies to reduce any physical and mental ailments your pet may be suffering from. All their CBD products contain full-spectrum hemp seed oil from farms in Colorado, and their hemp oil is non-genetically modified and third-party tested.
Holistapet treats include:
CBD Dog Treats + Calming Relief
Holistapet calming dog treats come in delicious peanut butter and green apple flavor. They are enhanced with calming herbs, including L-Theanine and Chamomile, to help lower your pet’s anxiety. These combined with hemp seed powder and pure CBD oil create a powerful combination to relax even the most anxious dog.
These treats are available in 3 different potencies, so choose based on the size and weight of your dog. There are 30 GMO, gluten, and dairy-free treats in a bag.
CBD Calming Chews for Dogs
These calming chews consist of CBD, L-tryptophan, phosphatidylcholine, and chamomile, which decrease anxiety and help relax your dog. These soft chews include peanut butter and sweet potato to deliver the essential proteins, fats, and antioxidants required to keep your dog’s nervous system balanced.
- Non-genetically modified hemp oil
- GMO, gluten, and dairy-free
- Available in different potencies
- May cause dry mouth
CBDfx is one of the most trusted dog CBD oil brands out there, and this is because they use the same quality CBD oils in both their human and pet CBD oil products. Their dog CBD oil has one of the cleanest ingredients and includes coconut oil-based MCT oil and natural flavors.
Treats for Stress and Anxiety
These treats are fully loaded with all the vitamins and nutrients your dog needs for mental well-being and physical health. Along with 450mg of broad-spectrum CBD, these sweet potato treats contain chamomile, passionflower and valerian root, L-Tryptophan, and GABA.
Treats for Joint & Mobility
These crunchy sweet potato joints and mobility dog treats improve your dog’s joint health for lasting mobility. Each treat consists of 15mg organic CBD oil, blueberries, spinach, parsley, turmeric, glucosamine, chondroitin, Vitamin C, and Hyaluronic Acid. These all ease pain, lower inflammation, and support damaged cartilage.
- Human grade CBD oil
- Cleanest ingredient profile
- Third-party tested
Petlycbd products are all crafted with organic phytocannabinoid-rich hemp. They are non-GMO and gluten-free, with no additives or preservatives added. Their products contain minor cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, and CBC that have similar benefits as CBD and are certified through third-party testing.
Hemp CBD Dog Treats
These Hemp CBD treats are healthy and aim to make your dog more youthful and energetic. Each treat contains 2 mg of CBD in a water-soluble form, making it easier for your pet to absorb into the bloodstream than an oil-based CBD treat. The main ingredients are beef liver, sweet potato, brewer’s yeast, flaxseed oil, and bacon.
Whatsmore, the treats are grain-free, soy-free, corn-free, and THC-free. They are available in a bag containing 25 soft chews.
- Crafted with 100% organic hemp
- Grain, soy, corn, and THC free
- Third-party testing
The Anxious Pet
The Anxious Pet used to focus solely on relieving anxiety symptoms in your dog but now has expanded and included products to help with joint support and the over well-being of your pup. These products are all veterinarian formulated, which means that they have just about the right amount of CBD, antioxidants, and fatty acid your pooch needs. They are all corn, wheat, soy, and grain-free and do not contain artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
The Anxious Pet line of treats include:
Relax & Roll Soft Chews with CBD
These chews are non-allergenic and boast of a peanut butter flavor. The main active ingredients are acetyl-L carnitine, ginger root, chamomile, and melatonin. They also include Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Together, they all promote calm, relaxation, restful sleep without drowsiness and help to keep your dog’s coat shiny and skin healthy. They come in a tub of 60.
Relax & Roll Supplement Bars with CBD
The peanut butter and banana supplement bars are similar to the Soft Chews in that they also promote stress-free relaxation without causing drowsiness. Each bar comprises 15 mg of CBD, MCT oil, ginger root, chamomile, L-Tryptophan, and melatonin. These bars help with anxiety, but they also help improve the quality of life for dogs of all temperaments.
- Best anxiety CBD treats for dogs
- Corn, wheat, soy, and grain-free
- Veterinarian formulated
cbdMD products are all veterinarians formulated with broad-spectrum hemp extracts and CBD oil. The treats consist of terpenes that strengthen the benefits of CBD and deliver added benefits to your dog. All products are guaranteed GMP, gluten-free, and THC-free.
cbdMD treats are affordable and come in various hard chews, soft chews, and peanut butter.
CBD Hard Chews
These CBD hard chews are delicious and feature a blend of broad-spectrum CBD oil in a baked cheese and peanut butter flavored treat. They provide whole-body benefits for your pup and are available in 3 CDB concentrations.
CBD Soft Chews
If your dog does not like hard treats, then grab the soft chews. These chews consist of a broad spectrum CBD formula derived from high-quality hemp plants, and this, combined with the flavors of bacon and chicken, makes for a delicious treat.
Hip+Joint Soft Chews
These Hip+Joint Soft Chews include glucosamine HCL, omega-3 fatty acids, and CBD oil to support older dogs’ stiff joints and hips. They come in a delicious bacon flavor and are available in 3 different concentrations.
These turkey-flavored calming chews help to ease any worries or everyday stress that your dog may experience. It is enriched with calming ingredients like passionflower and chamomile to deliver calming and whole-body benefits to your pet.
This CBD-infused creamy peanut butter comes from natural peanuts. It offers a consistent serving of quality made hemp extracts and can support your dog’s health and wellbeing if given every day.
- Includes terpenes for extra benefits
- Several treat options
- Dog’s may experience an upset stomach at first
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD?
CBD oil is derived from the flowers, leaves, and stems of the cannabis plant, and Hemp seed oil comes from the seeds of the cannabis plant or the hemp plant. The main difference here is that Cannabis plants contain more THC than hemp plants. However, the benefits of CBD do not change whether it is cannabis-derived CBD or hemp-derived CBD, and this is because the chemical make-up of CBD does not depend on which plant it comes from.
Can I give my dog CBD along with others?
In most cases, you can, but you should consult with your veterinarian just to be certain and avoid unnecessary side effects. Your vet will have a better idea of how CBD interacts with certain medications.
How does CBD oil help dogs?
Humans and dogs seem to be affected by CBD similarly. CBD oil can help reduce anxiety, seizures, pain, and inflammation in dogs and improve skin conditions. There is ongoing research on the benefits of CBD for dogs, and hopefully, science will show us CBD’s full potential in due time.
What is broad-spectrum CBD oil?
Broad Spectrum CBD oil contains many naturally occurring compounds from the cannabis plant except for THC.
What is full-spectrum CBD oil?
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains small amounts of all the compounds of the cannabis plant, and this means that it does include trace amounts of CBD. However, the level of THC isn’t enough to get you high.
CBD oil hosts a range of benefits for dogs and can help with various conditions. If you’re thinking of starting a CBD regimen for your dog, consult with your veterinarian before doing so. Given the red light, but your pup just won’t take CBD in the oil form, you can turn to CBD treats. These treats are a fun and exciting way to deliver the benefits of CBD oil to your dog without any difficulties, and they come in some exciting flavors that your dog can’t turn away from.
Does your dog also have a cat playmate? Check these top-rated CBD cat treats to liven up their playtime.
The news and editorial staffs of the Bay Area News Group had no role in this post’s preparation.
Best CBD for Dog Anxiety: 7 Options to Calm Your Pup
The first time I left my Beagle at home alone after going back to work following my maternity leave, he got so anxious that he broke out of his crate, howled himself hoarse, destroyed three shelves worth of books, tore up a pillow, and had an accident all over my bedroom floor—and that was just how destructive he got the first time. Things got progressively worse each time I tried to leave him alone, ultimately culminating in him breaking through one of our downstairs glass windows and escaping the house. (Thankfully, my neighbors heard the glass shatter and rescued him.)
It turns out that my dog had separation anxiety, a condition that is triggered when our pets become upset that they’re separated from their favorite people. It’s especially common in shelter dogs or rescues, but it can affect any dog, especially if there’s a big change in the family dynamic. According to a 2016 study, as many as 17 percent of all dogs suffer from separation anxiety (1). Symptoms can include drooling, shaking, house soiling, barking and howling, chewing, digging, pacing, destruction, and, as was the case with my pup, dramatic escape attempts.
Regardless of what triggers your dog’s anxiety, the good news is, there are steps you can take to help your pet. This might include working with your veterinarian or a professional trainer to use reward-based behavior modification techniques. You can also help your dog feel more calm and relaxed by giving them anxiety supplements or CBD for pets.
Treating Dog Anxiety with CBD
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound derived from the hemp plant. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system, a communication system in the brain and body that influences a pet’s mood, behavior, and other important functions. That’s why it can potentially help alleviate symptoms of anxiety and make your dog feel a little calmer.
While there hasn’t been a lot of peer-reviewed research proving the effectiveness of CBD for anxiety in dogs, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence from pet owners who have found CBD helpful in reducing their pet’s anxiety (2, 3).
CBD is not necessarily a fit for every dog, so talk with your veterinarian about treating dog anxiety with CBD before giving your dog any new product. CBD can interact with some medications, and dogs with certain underlying diseases may not be able to metabolize the CBD product properly. Your veterinarian can also help make sure you pick the right product and dose for your pet.
Best CBD for Dog Anxiety: What to Look For
Pet CBD products are available in the form of oils, tinctures, treats, and chews. The best CBD for dog anxiety depends on your pup’s individual needs and preferences.
CBD oils and tinctures come with a measured dropper to help you give a precise dose to your dog, either by putting drops on their tongues, against their cheeks, or in their food. Generally, oils have higher concentrations of CBD, so you’ll need to pay close attention to the correct CBD oil dosage for dogs with anxiety. Oils tend to be the most direct way to get your dog anxiety relief. However, not all dogs like the taste of oils, which can make it more difficult to administer.
For other pet parents, CBD chews and treats may be more convenient. You can easily offer your dog one or two as a treat before you leave or even on the go. Treats and chews often work better for dogs that are picky—most treats have added natural flavors to encourage your dog to eat them.
Multiple studies have shown there are no major adverse effects from giving CBD to dogs (4, 5). CBD also cannot get your dog “high.” However, it’s important to thoroughly research the CBD product you’re thinking of giving to your pet, because not every manufacturer is equal or reputable. Look for pet CBD brands that are open and upfront about their ingredients and how they source them, as well as their testing policies. It might also be a good idea to get a product that’s formulated or endorsed by veterinarians.
You can also look for companies that have a NASC Quality Seal, which means that the company passed an independent third-party audit and demonstrated ongoing compliance with certain criteria to ensure quality and safety standards for your dog, as well as labeling requirements.
How to Give CBD for Dog Anxiety
It’s difficult to know exactly how much CBD for dog anxiety to give because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not released an approved standard for CBD dosing for pets. The correct dose for your dog depends on your pet’s weight, their age (since age can slow down their metabolism), and their anxiety levels.
That’s why it’s important to consult your veterinarian and to carefully follow the directions on the packaging of the CBD product you use. Some products are absorbed faster than others.
Best CBD for Dog Anxiety: 7 Options to Calm Your Pup
From tinctures to treats, here are seven options to consider when shopping for the best CBD for dog anxiety:
All featured products are chosen at the discretion of the author. However, Great Pet Care may make a small affiliate commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Best CBD Hemp Oil for Dog Anxiety: The Anxious Pet Organic Relax & Roll Hemp Oil
- Best CBD Pet Tincture for Dog Anxiety: Batch Pet CBD Oil Tincture
- Best CBD Dog Treats for Anxiety: Penelope’s Bloom Stress+Anxiety CBD Treats for Dogs
- Best CBD Bites for Dog Anxiety: Honest Paws CBD Calm Bites
- Best CBD Soft Chews for Dog Anxiety: Medterra CBD Calming Pet Chews
- Best Hemp-Infused Hemp Seed Oil for Dog Anxiety: HempMy Pet Hemp Seed Oil
- Best High Potency CBD for Dog Anxiety: King Kalm 600MG CBD with Copaiba & Krill Oil and DHA
Best CBD Hemp Oil for Dog Anxiety
If you’re looking for an easy-to-dose option to help reduce your pet’s anxiety, consider The Anxious Pet’s organic hemp oil for dogs. You can choose between two concentrations of CBD: 400 mg for mild anxiety or 800 mg for moderate to severe anxiety. Veterinarian-formulated and third-party tested to be safe for dogs and cats, it comes with a clean measured dropper so you can get the dose right and contains only two ingredients: full-spectrum CBD oil and organic fractionated coconut oil.
- Available in two concentrations: 400 or 800 mg of active CBD
- Clear dosing instructions and measured dropper for accurate dosage
- For both dogs and cats (only available in 400 mg for cats)
- Third-party tested by an independent lab
- Free next business day shipping and 60-day money-back guarantee
Things to Consider:
- Pricey, but you can save up to 30 percent when you sign up for auto-refill
- Some dogs may not like the flavor
- Dosage will vary by your pet’s weight and age, but you can consult their handy chart
- Not NASC-Certified
Best CBD Pet Tincture for Dog Anxiety
Save 20% off your entire order with code GREATPETS
Pet-safe CBD may be a great way to calm a panicky pup, but not if dosing your dog turns into its own anxiety-inducing battle. Batch Pet CBD Oil Tincture solves this by blending its super-potent, small-batch CBD oil with all-natural ingredients like wild Alaska salmon oil and bacon oil to pique your pet’s palate. The simple formula is perfectly balanced to hide the bitter taste often associated with CBD oil. And because Batch CBD is extracted exclusively from the flowers of a hardy, organically grown hemp strain, it’s fast-acting and effective. So your dog can start enjoying the relaxing benefits of this tasty tincture right away. Each bottle contains 750 mg of CBD and comes with a graduated dropper that holds up to 25 mg, so you can give your pup the precise dose they need to feel calmer.
- Batch CBD oil is crafted with 100% organic hemp grown, harvested, processed, and packaged in Wisconsin
- 750 mg of powerful broad-spectrum CBD per bottle
- Certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny Program
- In-house and third-party lab tested for safety
- Can be mixed with food or administered under the tongue
- Contains less than .1% of THC, so won’t get your pet “high”
- Free shipping on orders over $25
- 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
Things to Consider:
- Dosage depends on your pet’s weight; Batch recommends starting with 3-5 mg CBD per every 10 lbs, administered 1-2 times per day
- Once you learn your pet’s optimal dose, subscribe for automatic delivery every 30 or 60 days to save 25%
Best CBD Dog Treats for Anxiety
If your dog is food motivated, you might find it easier to give them CBD dog treats for anxiety as opposed to a tincture or oil. Made from pesticide-free, organically-grown, non-GMO hemp, these treats are available in two concentrations to suit your pet’s needs: 300 mg (10 mg per treat) or 600 mg (20 mg per treat). In addition to full-spectrum CBD, you’ll find other calming ingredients like chamomile, passion flower, and valerian root extracts in these sweet potato-flavor treats. Did we mention they smell like freshly baked oatmeal cookies? Plus, they come in environmentally friendly packaging that you can reseal and take on the go.
- Made with human-grade, vegan, cruelty-free, non-GMO, pesticide-free CBD
- Also contains calming extracts and L-theanine help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation
- Made in the USA and baked in small batches
- Choose from two CBD concentrations (300 or 600 mg)
- Available as a bundle or subscription at discounted price
- Come in resealable, portable, environmentally-friendly packaging
- For dogs of all life stages
- Other treat options include Heart+Immunity and Joint+Mobility
Things to Consider:
- Number of treats to feed your dog depends on their weight
- A dog with severe anxiety might need the 600 mg formulation
- Not NASC-Certified
Best CBD Bites for Dog Anxiety
From meeting new people to going on car rides, there are a number of situations that can trigger anxiety in dogs. Luckily, these peanut butter-flavor CBD bites from Honest Paws will be hard for your dog to resist. Made with USDA organic ingredients, such as barley, oats, peanut butter, coconut oil and 5 mg of full-spectrum CBD hemp oil per bite, these treats are free of GMOs and fillers like soy, corn, sugars, and added colors. They’re also gluten-free and NASC-certified to meet the strictest of quality standards.
- For all dog breeds and ages
- Made with all USDA organic ingredients, no fillers
- NASC-certified product
- Ingredients are grown without pesticides and are non-GMO
- Peanut butter flavor
- Comes in a resealable, portable package
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Save 15 percent with auto-refill
Things to Consider:
- Crunchy treats might not work for older dogs with sensitive gums or missing teeth
- Number of treats you should feed depends on your dog’s weight
Best CBD Soft Chews for Dog Anxiety
Medterra makes CBD products for humans and pets, and that includes these bacon-flavored soft chews that are sure to pique your dog’s interest. Each chew contains 10 mg of CBD (double the standard dose of most treats), and contains other calming ingredients, such as valerian root and L-Tryptophan, to keep your pet calm and combat anxiety.
- In addition to CBD, contains multiple calming ingredients, including chamomile, valerian root, and L-Tryptophan
- 10 mg of CBD per treat (bag contains 30 soft chews)
- Bacon flavored
- Safe for dogs and cats
- Clinically tested
- Save 30 percent more and get free shipping if you subscribe for regular deliveries
Things to Consider:
- For animal use only
- Not for dogs or cats under 12 weeks of age
- Contains multiple ingredients and flavors
- Not NASC-Certified
- Number of treats to feed depends on your dog’s weight
Best Hemp-Infused Hemp Seed Oil for Dog Anxiety
Made with organically-grown, sustainably-sourced Colorado hemp, this full-spectrum tincture from HempMy Pet contains 250 mg of CBD, as well as other cannabinoids like CBG and CBC. It also features certified organic hemp seed oil, which is packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. This tincture can be given orally (directly into your pet’s mouth or mixed into food) or applied topically, too.
- Made from organic, Colorado-grown hemp that has been sustainably farmed
- Only two ingredients: full-spectrum hemp extract and hemp seed oil
- Third-party tested and follows Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations
- Can be administered orally or topically
- Save 5 percent if you receive regular auto shipments
Things to Consider:
- Pricey and less concentrated at only 250 mg of CBD oil per bottle, but they do also sell a 1,000 mg option
- Small subscription discount compared to other products on this list
- Not NASC-Certified
- For dogs only
Best High Potency CBD for Dog Anxiety
King Kanine is a pet-exclusive wellness company that offers a variety of CBD products in different doses, but this one is one of the strongest they offer, making it a good choice for dogs that have more severe anxiety. Not only does the oil contain 600 mg of CBD to help soothe your dog’s anxiety, but it also contains copaiba essential oil, krill oil, DHA, and EPA. A standard dose provides support for mild issues, while a medicinal dose can help with severe anxiousness.
- Professionally formulated
- Third-party lab tested
- Contains multiple calming ingredients to be more potent
- Handy chart gives recommendations for standard and medicinal doses
- Purchases come with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Extra-strength for potent calming effect
Things to Consider:
- Most expensive product on this list
- Not designed for small dogs
- Dosage will vary by your pet’s weight and severity of symptoms
- Not NASC-Certified
Offer: 25% off
Terms and Conditions: New customers only. Excludes supplement bars and gift cards. Cannot be combined with other offers.
CBD Calming Chews For Dogs
Bring on the chill! Our high-potency hemp extract is paired with naturally calming vitamins and nutrients to help your dog shake off stress.
CBD Calming Chews For Dogs
Choose an Option
From $29.95/bag • Save up to $10
Ships Free every 2 months
From $27.95/bag • Save up to $28
Ships Free every 4 months
Why Zebra CBD Canine Stress & Calming Chews?
As a pet owner, you deserve to put your mind at ease by finding the right calming supplement for your dog.
- Safe and effective – Our 10 mg broad-spectrum soft CBD chews for dogs are precisely formulated for maximum bioavailability to promote balanced behavior and manage normal stress for your dog.
- Highest quality ingredients – Convenient CBD chews contain premium broad-spectrum hemp oil extract plus potent natural ingredients to maximize calming effects.
- Clean formulation – Our beef-flavored cbd dog-calming chewables are made of organically grown hemp, with no detectable THC, heavy metals, harmful microbes or unnatural pesticides and no artificial flavors, colors, sugars, soy or grain.
- Results in weeks – With consistent daily use your dog should seem more relaxed, even under typically environmental stressful circumstances such as thunderstorms and vet visits or other travel.
What results can I expect from Zebra CBD Canine Stress & Calming Chews?
Zebra CBD Canine Stress & Calming Chews are vet-reviewed and specifically formulated to help reduce the effects of typical environmental stressors. Each soft chew includes 10 mg of broad-spectrum hemp extract, to promote relaxation. With consistent daily use, your dog may experience some or all of the following benefits:
- Calming effect on nerves – Our premium hemp extract is blended with ingredients that naturally increase the availability of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, helping to put your dog in a more serene state.
- Mood stability – Chews promote relaxation in dogs, potentially curbing habitual or environmentally induced undesirable behavior triggered by fireworks, thunderstorms, vet visits, grooming, travel or other changes in your pet’s regular daily routine.
- Healthy brain activity – Omega-3 fatty acids in our calm chews have been linked to the development and function of the brain to support more balanced behavior.
What goes into Zebra CBD Canine Stress & Calming Chews?
We’re glad you asked about our ingredient list! As a pet parent, you should know what goes into these calming bites.
- Ashwagandha – This herb promotes normal, healthy brain activity and helps in coping with external stressors.
- Omega-3 (EPA/DHA) – Fatty acid that supports normal brain function.
- L-theanine (green tea amino acid) – Helps reduce the effects of normal environmental stress and supports balanced behavior.
- German Chamomile – May promote a sense of relaxation.
- Probiotic Blend – Helps maintain proper gut flora to support mental calmness.
- Zinc & Magnesium – These nutrients have been linked to healthy development and function of the brain. May lessen hyperactivity and promote relaxation in dogs.
Try Zebra CBD Canine Stress & Calming Chews today and find out why we pride ourselves on producing highly effective CBD formulas for dogs.
Each bag of our calming chews for dogs contains 60 chews, with 10 mg broad-spectrum CBD per chew (more than competing brands!). Feed daily according to the table below to maintain calm disposition.
In addition, for best results:
- Take consistently for maximum effect.
- If the animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. May cause diarrhea in high doses or sensitive animals. May cause lethargy in some animals.
- Keep the package tightly sealed and store in a cool, dry place.
For use in adult dogs only. Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
CBD chews are a calming aid that can help regulate the emotional state of your dog. All of our pet dietary supplements are easy to ingest soft chews, so your pet can get the CBD they need to better manage daily stress or help support joints and hips. Learn more about what CBD does for dogs here.
While more studies are needed, many veterinarians believe that CBD has the same relaxing effects for dogs as it does for people. In an article in the Huffington Post, Mark Verdino, chief of veterinary staff at North Shore Animal League in New York, said he gives his senior pup CBD each night to help with stress: “At nighttime when the lights are dimmed down… he gets a little spooked. And when I give him the CBD, he seems to just go to sleep.”
If your pup gets nervous at the sight of new dogs or the ping of a toaster oven, CBD could potentially help.
Canine CBD chews are absorbed via the digestive tract, and the absorption rate can vary depending on when your dog last ate. Most dogs start to experience the onset of beneficial effects within 30 to 60 minutes. After 6 to 8 hours, the CBD will be eliminated and its effects will cease.
With consistent daily use you should see a relaxing and calming effect even in normal stressful environmental situations like thunderstorms, trips to the vet and other disruptions to your dog’s daily routine.
CBD is thought to help pets cope with everyday stress from loud noises, other animals and travel. If your dog is usually high-strung, there’s a chance he may seem more mellow than usual. However, there is no evidence that points to CBD causing tiredness or lethargy. If you notice your dog is unusually drowsy, consult your vet.
No. By supporting the endocannabinoid system, CBD helps to balance bodily systems, including those that control balanced behavior. There is no evidence that CBD causes aggression in canines.
A safe CBD dose and the amount considered toxic for puppies has yet to be determined. Young puppies don’t metabolize what they ingest as efficiently as older puppies and adult dogs. With no formal studies completed as yet, even on adult dogs, studies on puppies are still pending. This is why we recommend Zebra CBD Stress & Calming Chews for adult dogs only.
See our FAQs page for more information on our CBD products, shipping, returns/cancellations and more.