CBD Sleep Set
Filled with natural nighttime essentials for a better night’s sleep, the Sleep Set ($104.97 value) is the perfect gift for you and your busy loved ones in need of some well-deserved rest.
• Releaf Body Oil starts a bedtime routine with whole-body comfort and relaxation.
• Releaf Drops calms the mind and body, making it easy to drift off to sleep.
• Releaf Softgels help with staying asleep and recharging the body overnight.
• Silky Sleep Eye Mask blocks out the morning light for uninterrupted sweet dreams.
The Sleep Set Includes:
• Regular Strength Releaf Drops in Lemongrass Ginger (15ml)
• Regular Strength Releaf Softgels (10ct)
• Releaf Body Oil
• Papa & Barkley Sleep Eye Mask
Sleep Better Naturally
Sleep Releaf products are made with a powerful balance of CBD for relaxation, THC for comfort, and CBN for sedative effects.
* First CBN study in California. Based on the average self-reported experience of over 90 participants, who used the Sleep Tincture for two weeks at one full dropper per night. Cannabinoid ratio is the same for all Papa & Barkley CBN Sleep Releaf products, individual results may vary.
CBD Oil for Trouble Sleeping
If you’re like us, you’ve dealt with trouble sleeping at one point in your life. From restless nights to random nightmares, there can be a range of issues that can keep us from getting the sleep you deserve. Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep is not ideal, and sometimes cracking a book or counting sheep just don’t cut it. Fortunately, we have found our secret to sleep success: CBD oil! Papa & Barkley’s whole plant infusion process provides a natural solution to falling asleep and staying asleep. Let’s learn a little bit more about CBD oil, sleep patterns, and why sleep is one of our favorite self-care activities!
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil has been rising in popularity as a viable means to help aid in natural sleep. CBD is the abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of over 100 cannabinoids found in cannabis and the second only to THC when it comes to average volume. Recently, CBD has gained support for its use as a medicine. With natural properties that soothe the mind and body, CBD is a game changer for those who have trouble falling asleep or trouble staying asleep. At Papa & Barkley our CBD oil is created through a proprietary solventless whole plant process. When looking at how is CBD oil made, the preferred method is whole plant extract because it is full spectrum. This means that, when the oil is made, it contains not only CBD but also some levels of THC as well as other cannabinoids and terpenes. Products that use the whole plant keep the natural healing properties intact, which is why they are so effective.
CBD Oil & the Endocannabinoid System
When you use CBD oil, it interacts with your endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps your body maintain a state of balance and stability, or homeostasis. The endogenous cannabinoid system, aka the endocannabinoid system (ECS), can be thought of as the air traffic control center for the body. It controls physiological processes – including appetite, pain sensation, mood, and memory. Every person’s body has an endocannabinoid system. There are two types of receptors — CB1 and CB2 receptors that are found all throughout your body.
CB1, which are most concentrated in the central nervous system and brain receptors interact directly with THC. If you are taking a product without THC, then you are not activating half of your endocannabinoid system. CB2 receptors are abundant in the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and peripheral nervous systems, and the natural cannabinoids and phytonutrients found in cannabis communicate with these signal receptors of the ECS to help reduce minor aches, discomfort, and normal inflammation. When you consume CBD oil, the natural properties are processed through the ECS to provide a calming effect for the mind and body. Some studies have suggested that taking CBD oil regularly may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep.
UNLOCK $25 OFF
YOUR FIRST CBD ORDER
What is a Circadian Rhythm?
For all the sleep-deprived folks out there, you’ve probably heard the phrase, “Your circadian rhythm is off.” And then you’ve thought to yourself: “What is a circadian rhythm, anyway?” Well, we’re here to explain the mystery of circadian rhythms and how they can impact your sleep cycle. Basically, circadian rhythms are physical, mental, and behavioral changes that follow an everyday cycle and respond to the lightness and darkness in one’s environment. For example, being awake during the day and sleeping at night is a light-related circadian rhythm. Most living things follow a circadian rhythm, which help determine sleep patterns.
A major factor that affect sleeps issues is blue light aka the light that emits from your cell phone and computer screen. That exposure that we are constantly bombarded with every day can alter our circadian rhythm and sleep cycle. Not-so-fun fact: did you know the blue light from our electronics suppresses melatonin? Meaning, if your phone is five inches from your face right before you turn over to fall asleep, that could mess with your sleep! And if you’re one of the lucky people that use a computer for work, you are constantly bombarded by blue light all day long, so it’s no surprise more and more people are having trouble sleeping. For this, and so much more we turn to CBD oil to help our mind and body relax, unwind, and prepare for a (fingers crossed!) restful night’s sleep.
CBD Oil for Trouble Falling Asleep
Dealing with restless nights? Can’t get back to sleep after a bad dream (hi!)? You’re going to want to read this. CBD isn’t just for achy muscles and joints anymore; it’s become one of my favorite sleep aids! CBD oil and minor cannabinoids like CBN have been known to promote relaxation and a calmer state to help your mind and body get ready for a solid 7-8 hours of restful sleep. While I love a good chamomile tea to help me unwind before bed, I don’t always enjoy that my body wakes me up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. It’s the opposite of what I want. So, instead of gulping down that cup of tea in fear of not being able to fall asleep, I now turn to Papa & Barkley’s CBD Releaf Drops and CBD Releaf Capsules. Depending on my mood, I take a dropper or one capsules about an hour before bed, hop into bed with a book, and within 30-45 minutes, I start to feel the CBD oil working its plant-based magic. My eyes get a little tired, and I know it’s about time to put down the book and prepare for a good night’s rest.
Sleep as Self Care
We all need self care. Don’t deny it, you deserve some rest. And not just any rest, better rest. No joke, sleep plays a vital role in having good health and well-being throughout your life. It’s just as important though, that you get enough quality sleep at the right times. Sleep helps protect your mental health, physical health as well as your quality of life. There are several things you can do to aid and maintain a natural sleep schedule.
A bedtime routine is essential. Not only does a routine help you get better sleep, it allows the body to relax and prepare for bedtime Here are some strategies for getting enough Zzz’s:
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Try to keep the same sleep schedule on weekends as you do on weeknights.
- Use the hour before bed for quiet time. If you are a reader, that is the perfect time to pick up that amazing book you’ve been neglecting!
- Try to eat your dinner a couple hours before bedtime, that way your body has time to start the digestion process.
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine or nicotine before bed.
- Get some time in the sun every day (if your state permits!) and be physically active (when possible).
- Keep your bedroom quiet, cool, and dark (If you’re like me, pitch black is best! -Cyrus).
- Take a warm bath before bed.
- Meditation is a proven method for calming the mind and centering yourself before heading off to rest. Focus on your breathing or pair your meditation with a breathing exercise!
- Avoid screen time- the blue light from your smartphone or TV can inhibit the natural sleep responses of the body, so turn your phone off and put it away. Chuck the remote, your body will thank you in the morning.
- CBD oil: Papa & Barkley’s CBD Releaf Drops are a powerful way to soothe the mind after a long day and help your body unwind so you can find restful sleep.
A better night’s sleep means a better you! No one likes a grumpy goose, and we don’t know about you, but when we don’t sleep well, we’re all out of whack. So, the next time you’re scrolling on Instagram or can’t stop playing Words with Friends or CandyCrush, stop for a second and think about what your body really needs. Put the phone down, grab some CBD Releaf Drops or CBD Releaf Capsules, hop into a warm bath or do a quick meditation and prepare yourself for 8 hours of much-needed sleepful bliss!